Livengrin understands that gambling addiction is a serious, life-altering issue for many Pennsylvanians. The first step to getting help is a significant one, and we have compiled a list of resources to make it even easier for those wishing to start on the road to recovery.
If you live in or near the Philadelphia area and need help with problem gambling, consider reaching out to one of the following resources.
These are numbers you can call to get more information or to talk to a professional.
- PA Resources: 1-800-848-1880
- Regional Resources: 1-800-GAMBLER
- National Resources: 1-800-522-4700 or 877-565-2112
These anonymous support groups help you to meet and heal alongside those with similar struggles.
- Gamblers Anonymous Support Groups
GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. There are no dues or fees for Gamblers Anonymous membership.
- GAM-ANON: HELP FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS
Gam-Anon is a 12 Step self-help fellowship of men and women who have been affected by the gambling problem of another.
Online chatrooms and resources where you can talk to a professional.
- Text or Chat with CCGP’s 24-hour chatline
These podcasts offer resources, advice, and tips from those recovering from problem gambling firsthand.
- Fold ‘Em – a podcast discussing taking accountability over the fallout of gambling addiction and how to get back on track
- The Hidden Addiction Podcast- A podcast meant to bring awareness, honest discussion and share resources to gambling addiction
- The Broke Girl Society – A female-oriented podcast about the realities of gambling addiction and erasing stigma
For more information on gambling addiction recovery, contact Livengrin at 215-638-5200 or visit https://livengrin.org/drug-rehab-specialties/gambling/